AIPM is a Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), a Federation that promotes the profession of project, programme and portfolio management through a global network of over 55 Member Associations (MAs) around the world. IPMA has developed the Four Level Certification System (4-L-C) and the IPMA Competency Baseline (ICB).
AIPM International Certification Body (AICB) is the certification body of AIPM that has been appointed by IPMA to conduct certifications under IPMA’s 4-L-C system in Australia.
The 4-L-C system is based on the IPMA Competency Baseline (ICB). The ICB is the first and only international competence baseline for the field of project management. It was developed in collaboration with IPMA’s International Member Associations and is subject to continuous improvement. It is the common framework document which all IPMA Member Associations and Certification Bodies abide by to ensure that consistent standards are applied.
The ICB forms the basis for the world-wide recognition of national project management training and certification programs at the four levels of certification.
IPMA Competence Baseline: ICB
The Eye of Competence represents the integration of all the elements of project management as seen through the eyes of the project managers when evaluating a specific situation.
It covers three areas of competence: 1) Technical Competence, 2) Behavioural Competence and 3) Contextual Competence. The eye also represents clarity and vision.
The Eye of Competence.
For a more detailed description of IPMA competencies please refer to the IPMA Competency Baseline.
Why consider IPMA certification?
The IPMA 4-L-C certification system offers benefits both for the organisation and the individual project manager.
For individuals, IPMA certification:
- creates a portfolio of work that can be used for marketing on a global scale
- advances individual competence levels
- provides feedback for improvement
- increases personal development by using certification levels as ‘stepping stones’
- increases confidence of internal and external clients
For organisations, IPMA certification:
- verifies to the market that the certified organisation has competent project managers trained in international best practices
- boosts employee morale, engagement and performance
- enables organisations to better understand how their project management performance compares with peers across the world
- provides recruitment incentive to attract top talent
- enables organisations to use the same certification standards in all countries across the entire organisation